What a contrast: the kid’s first day in uniform ten years ago, and then last month right before his Eagle Scout Board of Review.
There are 29 merit badges on his sash, his National Jamboree neckerchief on his collar, and his Order of the Arrow Brotherhood sash on his belt. I am one proud dad.
This is how I know when I am not eating enough.
The thick black line on the chart is what I am supposed to eat each day on my maintenance program. This is a recipe for about a 1-2 lb weight loss. A year ago I’d have been delighted, but I am learning that the maintenance mindset is very different than the weight-loss mindset, and I’m still trying to figure it out.
I have to admit: once you get it working, CarPlay is pretty nice. One-touch access to Google Maps, Audible, and the iPhone make my road trips a lot more productive and entertaining.
This is what happens when your body changes after decades of obesity.
- You go through all of your old clothes.
- You put everything that is so large that it is clown-like into trash bags.
- You fill the back of your truck with the clothes bags
- You take it to the Coalition Thrift Store in Ventura.
- And then you come home to discover you have nothing to wear.
- Honestly, I don’t even know what size I wear anymore.
Not complaining, mind you…
He’s being goofy to try and hide his emotions on visiting Yosemite for the first time.
A great month this month with SCRIBEDELIVERY. Zebra Midliners showed up just as my last highlighter was running low. And I have been waiting for an excuse to try the Uni Signo pens.
And Denik Notebooks? Just brilliant, a slightly more creative change from my long shelves of Moleskines.